The 6 Hours of Warrior Creek has it's own website now! Please got here to get all information concerning the 2011 race.
2010 Rules, Regulations and Course map are available here!!!
The 2nd Annual 6 Hours of Warrior Creek is SOLD OUT! We’re very appreciative of those of you who are racing with us. We’re also very appreciative of those of you who missed the boat and wanted to race with us. In efforts to satisfy your curiosity of race details, we’ll outline a few things below. More information will be in your inbox soon.
• We’ll open the gates around noon for pre-rides of the course. Don’t come in expecting to stake your claim to that sweet pit location you’ve had your eye on since last year, more on that in a moment. Specialized will also be on hand with a trailer full of bicycles that need to be ridden. Had your eye on that pimped out S-Works? Now’s your chance to ride one for free! They’re also bringing a few rigs with women in mind. Come early and check it out.
Day, April 3
• The gates will open bright and early at 6:30am.
• Carpooling is encouraged among teammates and friends.
• The Pit Area and Race Central will be in an RV campground that the Warrior Creek loop passes through. The race will travel through the paved portion of this campground area. There is limited parking on the loop. Volunteers and signage will direct you to the parking area upon arrival. All cars parked in this area will not be allowed to leave until the 3:30. Since this is an RV area, parking spaces will be shared with other participants. If you wish to park in the loop, please pull all the way through and park as directed. You will not be able to park as you please. Your vehicle must be off the pavement as this is part of the race course. These spots will be on a first come, first served basis on Saturday morning. Anyone who leaves their stuff on Friday in attempts to stake a claim to a pit area can pick said stuff up Saturday morning at the timing tent. This is in an effort to keep traffic moving both in and out efficiently. Remember, we’re sold out.
• Rider’s meeting at 9:30am – all solo racers and at least one duo team member needs to be present.
• We’ll drop the rag at 10:00am. The start will be similar to last year’s lap with a bit of climbing and twisting through the roads of the campground before hitting the trail. The pavement will be contained to the first lap only. After all, this is a MTB race.
• Your last lap must be started by 3:30pm and finished by 5pm.
• Once the final results are posted, you will have 15 minutes to protest. You must be on site to receive any swag and prizes for placing on the podium. Any unclaimed prizes will be added to the raffle for all participants. We will not be responsible for missed podium calls shipping prizes.
• Please pack in and pack out!
Raffle and Swag
We’ve got some nice stuff in store. You’ll get another sweet t-shirt by Horton Design. All racers will be entered into a raffle with a chance to win:
• We’ve got lots of other cool shops supporting the 6WC. Check them out in the sponsor links below.
• Industry Nine is supporting the prize raffle again. You’ll have an opportunity to make out like a bandit with an awesome set of hubs.
• Boone Brewing Company will back on hand for the awards ceremony sampling their Blowing Rock High Country Ale. Keep your cup. It will be a collector’s item one day!
• The fine folks of Redwood Creek Winery are new to us this year. They’re propping up the coed duo category. We appreciate their involvement.
We’ve got lots of Awesome sponsors for 2010. Be sure to click through their pages below. It will make them want to come back next year.
Directions to the Race Site
|Best Image Signs|
|Blowing Rock High Country Ale|
|Boone Bike & Touring, Boone, NC|
|Brushy Mountian Bicycles North Wilkesboro, NC|
|Cycletherapy, Lewisville, NC|
|EarthFare of Boone|
|Endless Bike Company|
|First Flight Bicycles, Statesville, NC|
|High Country Adventures|
|Luna Cycles, Lenoir, NC|
|Magic Cycles, Boone, NC|
|Mock Orange Bikes, Winston Salem, NC|
|Museum of Mountain Bike Art & Technology|
|Ryan Sigsbey Photography|
|Southpark Cycles , Charlotte, NC|
|Sycamore Cycles Asheville, NC|
|The NC Wilderness Lodge|
|US Army Corps of Engineers|
We'll announce additional sponsors soon. If you're interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact us today.
Registration & Entry Fees
Registration for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek is now closed. We’re full! We appreciate those of you that have registered and those of you who had good intentions. While we regret that there’s no room at the Inn, be sure check out our other great endurance cycling event, the BURN 24 Hour Challenge.
proceeds from the race will directly benefit continued trail development.
Since the trails don't build themselves, no refunds will be offered. We appreciate
Selling of 6WC entries is up to the owner. Refunds will not be considered. Race Directors must be notified by email by April 1st of any name changes. Please include your Bikereg confirmation number. Substitutions will not be considered after this date. No exceptions.
Awards & Post-Race Festivities presented by Boone Brewing Co. and Blowing Rock Ale
About BMCC and the W. Kerr Scott Trail System